Ravens End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ravens End

Play the RPG

4 posters

Magic

Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Magic Empty Magic

Post by Takuso Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 am

Alright guys, we need a magic list, this is what i've got so far http://ravensend.weebly.com/magic-store.html ...but here is how im going to reorganize it

Purple- additional effects magic (like, attack up and stuff)

Black- elemental (fire, lightning, water, ect)

White- healing magic (hp cure, mp cure, poison cure, ect)

Green- environment altering magic (earthquake, weather stuff, ect)

Blue- attacks that like, get into you (like some kind of disease or something)

Red- long lasting effects (like a flame that lasts a long time, but does not have the same amount of damage at first attack)

Yellow- manipulation magic

Unknown- this magic does not have a set mage, nor a color or anything, this is the connection with the Raven's End (like summons and stuff)

but i need ideas for magic under each type of mage

Last edited by Takuso on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mirari
    Mirari
    Admin
    Admin

Magic Empty Re: Magic

Post by Mirari Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 pm

What about this version:

White- healing magic (hp cure, mp cure, poison cure, ect) and light

Red- long lasting effects (like a flame that lasts a long time, but does not have the same amount of damage at first attack)

Yellow- manipulation and enchantment magic

Unseen- this magic does not have a set mage, nor a color or anything, this is the connection with the Raven's End (like summons and stuff)
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Mirari wrote:What about this version:

White- healing magic (hp cure, mp cure, poison cure, ect) and light

Yellow- manipulation and enchantment magic

Unseen- this magic does not have a set mage, nor a color or anything, this is the connection with the Raven's End (like summons and stuff)

umm...you didn't change anything(unknown/unseen,w/e)...and i wanted some suggestions for magic under each catagory...like a type of yellow magic i want suggestions for magic attacks and stuff
    Mirari
    Mirari
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mirari Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Ok, I changed yellow and white a bit
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm

well, im still looking for suggestions of each type...

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 pm

IDEA:
    Black: Dark
    White: Light
    Red: Fire
    Blue: Water
    Purple: Enchanment (attack up, defense down for enemies, etc.)
    Yellow: Thunder
    Sacred: Summons, and other shit.
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 pm

well, im looking for magic suggestions for each type, i wasn't looking for people to change my descriptions of each magic type, i was just telling you guys them so you can have a good understanding of what to write...dammit

example

Yellow Magic

Confuse- makes opponent attack self uses 15 mp

Manipulate- allows you to control your opponent for 2 turns uses 20 mp

Red Magic

ect

thats what im looking for...I'VE ALREADY GOT THE DAMN DESCRIPTIONS, I NEED EXAMPLES!!!
    Sr Lyranardo IV
    Sr Lyranardo IV

Post by Sr Lyranardo IV Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Time for me to try! (Notes when casting a spell the person will become into that aura, unless using Grey magics, where after casting it the aura will dissapear if it involves disapearing)

White: Light Magic, dealing mostly with healing and the occasional Offensive spell, counteracts Dark Magic

Black: Dark Magic, (Woah did not see that coming) dealing mostly pain and death, very hard to train, has no healing or defensive spells Counteracts White Magics

Red: Strength Spells, these increase your characters power in a trait Counteracts Yello Magics

Blue: Defensive magic, mostly with shields, and protects against diseases and other harmful effects, weak offensive abilities Counteracts many magic types for a time limit

Yellow: All elemental magic, when said elements are released, they will have a yellow Aura No counteractions, though effect against Red Magics

Purple: Benefeit magic! These increase your Magic Skills of other types, though they have no defensive or offonsive abilities Counter Acts Green Magics

Gray: These are for the stealthy magics, they are mostly for illusions, as such like invisbility or mind tricks has no counter acting magic

Green: Poisen and disadvantage, slows down other magic types and weaken them, along with hurting other members through ways of disease and potions! Counter Acts Purple magic

So yea...thought this COULD be revised, this is how I see it And My spelling sucks...Keyboard is breaking down

Last edited by Sr Lyranardo IV on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding why my Grammar Sucks)
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 am

IM LOOKING FOR SPELL SUGGESTIONS!

yes, those are good DESCRIPTIONS...but im looking for suggestions for specific spells

the descriptions are already in place, they are based on the actual mages we've come up with...all im looking for is an idea for a spell

like,

Fire - does ___ damage, uses ____ mp, blah blah blah
    Sr Lyranardo IV
    Sr Lyranardo IV

Post by Sr Lyranardo IV Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:33 am

Well be more specific then, ok then...>.>

Well, I think their should DEFINATELY be some Illusion like spells in whatever type of magic will be controlling Benifeits and whatnot...Like, Shadow Run, which will cause the caster to turn invisible for about 5 minutes to run off which will take up at least 30 MP (Dont know what Mp bar will be, Im taking it as 100)

Or "Night Life" Which will turn the 50 Yard radius into a night setting, making the caster also incredibaly light, or a quick get a way which would take about 50% Mp

Or Dark Blanket, which is like Shadow Run but will also affect a number of other people (Everyperson is another 10% MP drain)

Frenzied Turn Around, causing enemies who are weak minded to attack their own allies, the more illegent the enemy, the more Mp it will take, the lowed being 2% and the highest being 100%

(Note as you can see I favour the arts of stealth the most)
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:44 am

Sr Lyranardo IV wrote:Well be more specific then, ok then...>.>

Well, I think their should DEFINATELY be some Illusion like spells in whatever type of magic will be controlling Benifeits and whatnot...Like, Shadow Run, which will cause the caster to turn invisible for about 5 minutes to run off which will take up at least 30 MP (Dont know what Mp bar will be, Im taking it as 100)

Or "Night Life" Which will turn the 50 Yard radius into a night setting, making the caster also incredibaly light, or a quick get a way which would take about 50% Mp

Or Dark Blanket, which is like Shadow Run but will also affect a number of other people (Everyperson is another 10% MP drain)

Frenzied Turn Around, causing enemies who are weak minded to attack their own allies, the more illegent the enemy, the more Mp it will take, the lowed being 2% and the highest being 100%

(Note as you can see I favour the arts of stealth the most)

there we go, now thats what im looking for

The Invisible thing would probably go under Purple Magic, anything that alters the playing field would be with Green Magic, so like, the NIght stuff would go with that.

Take an example from that, and give me some more good ideas

My new ideas

Blue Magic:

HP Absorb- Steals Health from the enemy, to heal self and hurt opponent.

MP Absorb- Steals Magic Power from the enemy, basically same thing.

Red Magic:

Implosion- the enemy gets bigger and bigger, and gets slightly stronger, but after a certain amount of turns, the enemy explodes regardless of his HP.

White Magic(or maybe Yellow):

Purify- Tames the Evil in your the hearts of the innocent minds, any animals in a fight will either surrender or join your team.

Green Magic:

Sludge- Spews sticky substance on ground to make the enemy much slower (kinda like losing a turn, after every turn)and lasts tyhe entire battle
    Sr Lyranardo IV
    Sr Lyranardo IV

Post by Sr Lyranardo IV Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 am

Oh, ok, so like for Green, their should be a time spell, allowing all Allies to to do Double or even Triple (Depending on casters level) Damage. Which will also make enemies attacks slower and/or Weaker

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 pm

I hate those descriptions.
    I'm not accustomed to them :X
    Takuso
    Takuso
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Takuso Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm

well, we can't have each mage type stand for 1 element. then we could get no variety. thats why i placed most elements into 1 catagory. and this has nothing to do with the plot, this is just for battling, meaning just because black magic has most elemental doesn't mean that other mages can't use that, these descriptions are not for the plot, the are for the battling system.
    Areoin
    Areoin

Post by Areoin Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:35 pm

White- Seraphim and Cherubim Summoning(angels)Cure and Healing Magics. Blinding Light. Star Reading.

Black- Undead and Apparition Summoning

Red- Fire and Rage

Blue- Water and Water Creature Summoning

Green- Earth and Healing Magics

Yellow is Lightning and Telepathy

Purple- Hypnosis and Mind Control

Gray- Sky and Time Control
    Mirari
    Mirari
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mirari Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Takuso wrote:well, im looking for magic suggestions for each type, i wasn't looking for people to change my descriptions of each magic type, i was just telling you guys them so you can have a good understanding of what to write...dammit

example

Yellow Magic

Confuse- makes opponent attack self uses 15 mp

Manipulate- allows you to control your opponent for 2 turns uses 20 mp

Red Magic

ect

thats what im looking for...I'VE ALREADY GOT THE DAMN DESCRIPTIONS, I NEED EXAMPLES!!!
    Case in point

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:06 am